Wednesday, April 23, 2014

IRB Intro: "Antifragile"


The book I chose as my fourth marking period is called Antifragile: Things That Gain From Disorder by Nassim Nicholas Taleb. I chose this book because it was recommended to me by several people as well as on Freakonomics Radio. Antifragile explores the world of things that benefit from shock, such as "volatility, randomness, disorders, risk, and uncertainty," or the opposite of fragility. Nassim Nicolas Taleb is a Lebanese American scholar, essayist, and author who focuses on the cause of fragility or antifragility: uncertainty and randomness. He also wrote the The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly Improbably, another book I would like to read, which was praised as one of the twelve most influential books published since World War II by the Sunday Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment